Do you want to make a difference for Wildlife in Essex? A Volunteer Warden is required to regularly monitor reserves in the Danbury area just outside Chelmsford.
Need to know
The warden will report to the Landscape Conservation office at the Essex Wildlife Trust Main Office's outside of Colchester. Full training will be provided. Volunteers need a willingness to be outside, a keen eye for spotting change, an appreciation of the importance of keeping records up to date and the ability to be self-motivated.
Responsibility Areas and Key Activities:
- To assist in the high quality management of Essex Wildlife reserves by regularly (weekly) visiting the reserve.
- Dealing with problems as appropriate; talking to people who are conducting improper activities on the reserve, clearing litter or reporting issues to your supervisor.
- To be independent and go out and conduct inspections when agreed without prompting from a supervisor.
- Ensuring that you adhere to relevant health and safety policies especially lone working policies where relevant. Adhere to procedures relating to hygiene, health and safety, fire and security and any other relevant risk assessment information.
- Listening to and respecting other members of your team.
- Working closely with your supervisor. Communicating with your supervisor and other volunteers to promote mutual respect and high levels of safety.