Nature Volunteers - Safety & Security
We want naturevolunteers.uk to be a safe space for everyone that uses it.
naturevolunteers.uk does not individually verify or check the profiles and data, including opportunities, jobs and events, prior to them being posted by individuals and organisations. Therefore, here are a few useful safety tips to remember.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- We will never share your personal information with anyone unless you actively register your interest in an organisation. Be careful about sharing this personal information, especially information that could be used to identify you or locate you offline, such as your address, telephone number or even your personal email address.
- Report users and content that violate our Terms and Conditions or anyone who sends you unwanted or inappropriate communications.
- Do not respond to suspicious posts, join any suspicious groups, attend any suspicious events or apply for any opportunities that you feel are unsafe or inappropriate – make sure you report anything you are concerned about.
- Never arrange to meet anyone that you connect with unless you are absolutely sure of who they are – and make sure you tell someone where you are going and that they have a way to contact you.
- We ask that all members report suspicious people and inappropriate content they encounter on naturevolunteers.uk.
- If you’re under 18 we strongly encourage you to talk to a parent or a responsible adult immediately if someone online says or does something to make you feel uncomfortable or threatened in any way.
- Alternatively in the UK you can contact the CEOP Internet Safety Centre who can offer help and advice on a wide range of issues.
- You can report people and content by emailing us at email@example.com