An exciting opportunity to support our Visitor Centre at Kingfisher Barn, the gateway to the Stour Valley Nature Reserve. With over 90,000 visitors a year you'll be welcoming people to the Centre, letting them know about the local area and showing them round the Centre exhibition.
Need to know
Can you provide a warm welcome to all visitors? Hand out information and make a good cup of tea? Full training will be given, and don't worry - you don't need to be a 'font of all knowledge' on the area, although some local knowledge would be beneficial.
For those of you with green fingers, there is also plenty to be done in the wildlife garden too.
Time commitments: Whether you can help with a morning a month or become one of regular weekly volunteers we'd love to hear from you.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Welcoming guests to the Visitor Centre and talking them through our A-Z of the Stour Valley exhibition
- Supporting our small café serving hot drinks and yummy cake
- Helping with pond dipping for all the family in our small pond just outside the Visitor Centre
- Assisting our weekly events such as Nature Tots and Nature Club
- Gardening in our stunning wildlife garden
What’s in it for you?
- Meet new people and share knowledge about our beautiful nature reserve
- Stay active
- Help to enhance and protect our parks for future generations
Location: Granby Road, Bournemouth, BH9 3NZ