Our project manager is returning to Scotland, so we are looking for someone to join the team and help "steer" the project. This is an exciting and responsible role, and would be ideal for someone who wants to gain experience organising a project in the environmental sector. Please contact us for more details and/or an informal chat
Need to know
We are looking for a creative and well-organised person to coordinate our project team. Our project manager is returning to Scotland, so we are looking for someone to "steer" the project.
This is an exciting and responsible role, and is ideal for anyone wanting experience in coordinating a team, and working within the charitable sector. Whether you have experience of working with volunteers before, or want to gain this experience - we will help you develop your skills. This is also a wonderful opportunity to make a genuine contribution to urban wildlife conservation.
Main responsibilities (Many of the tasks can of course be delegated to other team members)
- Keeping the project “moving forward”
- Organising and chairing team meetings (4-6 per year
- Organising funding applications and keeping track of project income and expenditure
- Writing and distributing the volunteer e-news (6 emails per year)
- Keeping information on the Website up-to-date
- Monitoring emails and messages to the Website, responding or passing on information as necessary
- Matching up volunteers to opportunities in the project and helping them to develop their skills
- Regular updates to our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Depending on your availability you may wish to get involved with other aspects of the project