We are seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the Living Seas team for our marine conservation, education and awareness programme. Individuals will be based at the Fine Foundation Wild Seas Centre at Kimmeridge. The unpaid placement is available from April, throughout the summer, and involves working 1 weekend per month. Own transport required
Need to know
This opportunity would suit a student or young person, with an interest in marine conservation, the marine environment and/or environmental education.
Nature of work
- Day-to-day running of the Wild Seas Centre and aquaria.
- Engage and provide information to visitors.
- Patrol the Bay and liaise with users.
- Lead school groups, public events and activities.
- Assist with shore based survey and monitoring programmes.
- Assist with marine projects and events along the wider Dorset coast.
- Assist with local publicity and advertising.
- Health and safety.
- Marine species identification.
- Marine education and awareness.
- Leading and delivering school and public talks and events.