Join our team of little tern wardens this summer. Learn how to monitor and protect out rarest seabird and other beach nesting birds, and educate visitors. The little tern is one of Britain’s rarest seabirds, yet they struggle to find safe places to nest on our beaches due to human. Join us saving little terns!
Need to know
Come and join our friendly team of little tern wardens on the beach this summer. You will learn how to monitor and protect our rarest seabird and other beach nesting birds, educate visitors on our conservation work, and contribute towards saving nature for future generations to enjoy.
The little tern is one of Britain’s rarest breeding seabirds, yet they struggle to find safe places to nest on our beaches due to disturbance from beach visitors, habitat loss and predation.
Skills you’ll need:
- Enthusiasm for nature and coastal birdlife conservation.
- Able to walk a stretch of coastline and observe little terns from a distance.
- Keen to keep records and report in regularly during the breeding season.
- Willing to enthuse members of the public to help conserve little terns.
Full training provided in April/May
Out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursed.
We need volunteers to give 4 hours a week at one of two sites, either:
- Winterton and Eccles
- Kessington and Benacre NNR