Assembly VolunteerLocal Schools
Our school team is looking for more volunteers to join us and help deliver fun and engaging wildlife assemblies for primary schools. We are looking for volunteers to join our existing team to cover Worcester, Malvern and Evesham/Pershore.
Need to know
You will assist the education team to deliver our fun school assemblies. Assemblies will have been pre-prepared for you and will cover clear topics including our Buzzy Bee assembly about wild bees and our upcoming assembly based on the ‘Lost Words’ book. The assemblies are interactive and will include games, props and an element of performance.
1. Strong communicator with proven experience of delivering talks or presentations to big groups particularly to children.
2. Experience of leading or assisting with the delivery of activities for primary school aged children in an informal or formal educational setting.
3. Interest and enthusiasm for wildlife conservation and aims of the Wildlife Trusts.
4. Willingness to travel to schools in a radius of 5 miles in your local area.
5. A basic knowledge of UK wildlife – although you don’t need to be an expert!
6. Able to work flexibly and use initiative.
7. Able to work in a team.
8. Able to demonstrate good organisational skills.
9. Understanding of child safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
10. Willingness to help with promotion of assemblies.
This position will require you to provide details of two referees and maybe subject to a DBS check if appropriate. We will also invite you to an informal chat to discuss the role.