Play your part in helping to deliver our events for adults and children around Worcestershire throughout the year. We're looking for friendly, engaging people to get involved and join our team! This is an ad hoc, casual role, so hours are flexible – you can help out as much or little as you like.
Need to know
As an Events & Engagement Volunteer, you would assist with these public events and activities alongside Wildlife Trust members of staff and other volunteers. The tasks vary with the types of events we are running but some examples of typical tasks involved are listed below:
- Engaging children and adults in outdoor, wildlife-themed activities such as walks, talks, bug hunts, pond dipping, crafts, games etc.
- Talking to members of the public and being an ambassador for our work
- Helping with the set-up and pack-down at events
- Selling refreshments at open days and events like our craft fair
- Taking admission fees, signing people in and helping us to understand more about our visitors
Experience and skills required:
- Experience of working with children or adults in an engagement setting
- Interest and enthusiasm for nature and wildlife conservation
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers
- A basic knowledge of UK wildlife and ID skills – although you really don’t need to be an expert!
- Able to work flexibly and use initiative
- Able to work in a team
- Able to communicate in engaging and professional way to children and adults
- Understanding of child safeguarding and health and safety procedures (training will be given)
- Willingness to be involved in various tasks as directed