Watch LeaderWyre Forest Wildlife Watch - Leaders
Do you love wildlife in your local area? Are you keen to share your enthusiasm with others and inspire the next generation of nature lovers and conservationists? Then this could be the volunteering opportunity for you!
Need to know
You will lead the Wildlife Watch group alongside at least one other leader and with volunteer helpers. With ages ranging from 5–13yrs, you will be engaging children in outdoor, wildlife-themed activities once a month. Activities may include bug hunts, pond dipping, crafts, games and many other activities. Leaders plan and deliver activities to a group of children to help them fully understand the wildlife around them and complete fun enjoyable tasks. It is vital that volunteers adhere to welfare and health and safety procedures. Volunteer Watch Leaders will be responsible for setting up and clearing up at the end of the session.
- Experience of working with children in a school or other learning environment
- Experience of planning and delivering creative environmental education to children
- Interest and enthusiasm for wildlife conservation and aims of the Wildlife Trusts
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers
- A basic knowledge of UK wildlife and ID skills – although you don’t need to be an expert
- Able to work flexibly and use initiative
- Able to work in a team
- Able to communicate in engaging and professional way to children and adults
- An understanding of child safeguarding and health and safety procedures
- Willingness to be involved in various tasks if the need arises during a session