Youth EngagementLower Smite Farm
Our youth engagement team is recruiting volunteers to help deliver outdoor learning sessions for young people from the ages of 11 – 18 and into university.
Need to know
You will assist the engagement officers in delivering outdoor engagement sessions in formal and informal settings. This will include assisting with practical conservation sessions as well as skill building and identification workshops.
- Leading or assisting with a range of outdoor education and skill building activities such as BioBlitz days, wildlife surveys, and wildlife ID workshops.
- Supervising practical conservation tasks out on our reserves (in all weathers).
- Helping to deliver practical activities such as bushcraft and green woodworking
Experience and skills required
- Experience of working with young people (ideally 11-18-year olds) in either a school or other learning environment
- Experience of delivering creative environmental and outdoor education
- Ability to enthuse others
- Willingness to be outdoors in all weathers
- Interest and enthusiasm for nature and wildlife conservation
- A basic knowledge of UK wildlife and ID skills: you don’t need to be an expert
- Ability to work flexibly and use initiative
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate in an engaging and professional manner to young people and adults
- An understanding of child safeguarding and ability to follow Health and Safety procedures
- Willingness to be involved in various tasks as directed