Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at Askham Bog nature Reserve, near York. A remarkable survivor of the ancient fenlands of York, the site boasts a spectacular variety of wetlands vegetation, including royal ferns, rare gingerbread sedge and water voilets.
Need to know
10th July | 24th July | 7th August
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.