Would you like to get stuck into some outdoor conservation work? Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at the fantastic Potteric Carr Nature Reserve, a stretch of wetland habitat near Doncaster famed for wetland birds, including bitterns and marsh harriers.
Need to know
7th July | 14th July | 4th August | 11th August | 1st September | 8th September
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates www.ywt.org.uk/volunteer.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.