Join us for a day of meadow management at Wharram Quarry Nature Reserve. This fantastic patch of rich chalk grassland, typical of the wolds, provides an ideal habitat for many flowering plants, resulting in a thriving butterfly population. You may also be lucky enough to see a buzzard soaring around the area.
Need to know
Useful information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.