Join us for a day of practical conservation and reserve management tasks at Saltmarshe Delph Nature Reserve. This small wetland habitat is home to some spectacular birdlife, such as marsh harriers and water rail. Help us to maintain this important habitat, assisting with reed cutting and coppicing.
Need to know
Useful information for Task Days
Things you need to know:
- Task days start at 10am and usually run until 4pm.
- Sometimes task days may change because of adverse weather. Please check the website for updates.
- If you’re new to a site, please call the relevant contact to check task day details and let them know you’re coming.
- New volunteers will need to provide emergency contact details and relevant medical details before beginning, just in case of any incident or accident.
What you should bring:
- A packed lunch and plenty to drink.
- Hard-wearing shoes, boots or wellies
- Old clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Waterproofs, sunscreen and insect repellent when necessary, you never know what the weather will do!
Tools and gloves will be provided.