Saving Scotland’s Red Squirrels are working in partnership with the Scottish Borders red squirrel networks to deliver red squirrel conservation in Berwickshire, Teviot and Rule, Upper Tweed Valley and the surrounding areas.
Need to know
Together our team utilise targeted grey squirrel control to prevent replacement of red squirrels by the invasive non-native grey squirrels.
The control is delivered by a combination of project staff, landowners funded via The Forestry Grant Scheme, and volunteers, all trapping grey squirrels in carefully chosen project areas.
You’ll be an ambassador for the networks and the project, providing support to existing volunteers, project staff and partner organisations to deliver the project’s aims across the area.
What we are looking for:
- people local to the areas involved
- people able to offer about four days per month
- enthusiastic about red squirrel conservation
What you will get in return:
- helping one of Scotland’s most iconic species
- a great staff and volunteer team
- learn new skills